Sunday 28 December 2008

Carol Service Recording

It seems like light years ago [only 10 days actually!] since we had our Annual Carol Service. This was another huge success, and thanks are due to all who took part - not just the singers, but those who prepared the church, lit all the candles and brought the wine & mince pies! The small church was packed with, we think, just over 100 people.

I've been asked if some of the music could be put online. I wasn't too sure about this at first, having fallen foul of my webspace provider's bandwidth restrictions before - BUT, I discovered that I had more space available courtesy of my cable tv provider which I've hardly ever used! So, if you want to hear the choral highlights of the service, just click here. The sound files work best in QuickTime, although they can also be played in RealPlayer, but the quality isn't anything like as good. Whatever source you use, don't try Media Player as it won't work with these mp4's encoded via Nero.

I hope everyone is enjoying a very joyful Christmastide. Plans for 2009 to follow, once they're set in stone and not just being discussed.... There are one or two very exciting services but I've been banned by the organisers from telling you who might be involved, so you'll just have to wait!

No comments: